Feeding the homeless
- How did my volunteering start? It was a few years ago when I was invited to feed the homeless in Sacramento, CA.
- I thought long and hard about doing this, because, it was something I never considered doing on my own. I hesitated about saying ‘yes’, the feeling that came over me was of uneasiness.
- I thought about the homeless and why they were homeless and what could I possibly do for them.
Why did I feel uneasy when it came to this opportunity?
- My idea was based on those I had walked by in the past. I was scared they would attack me and they may even ask me for something.
- I judged them by thinking they put themselves in this situation. Why should I help them? Why would I support their addiction by giving them money?
- I have since learned how to love the homeless unconditionally. I learned to love like Jesus loves.