WRAPPED IN GRACE
Imperfect changes are slow steps to progress that are wrapped in Grace.
- It’s okay to have setbacks!
- It’s okay to have do-overs even if it takes making baby steps.
- Erase it!
- Stop rehashing it! – that comes from a learned behavior
- How I react is hard for me! But, hard doesn’t mean impossible!
- Strategies Discovered
- Scriptures Applied
- Imperfections understood and grace embraced
- Peace found – misplaced flaws – admitted and forgiveness remembered = Progress
CHANGING OUR THOUGHT PATTERNS
Random thoughts are not tied to an emotion we retain the ones we think often that have an emotion tied to the thought pattern the memory trace grows stronger
Instead of saying I’m a mess etc. Let God chisel me like he did with David so I can leave the dark places of being stuck and come into the light of who he designed me to be!
1 Peter 2:4-5,9
BEFORE MY LIFE CHANGED TO WHAT IT IS NOW
Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. 1 Peter 3:15. But do this in a gentle and respectful way. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ. 1 Peter 3:16 The Christian’s Story is about our relationship with Jesus, His grace and truth in our lives. Telling your story involves explaining why you have Hope and to live a life of confidence. Our story is meant to be offered as an Unconditional gift for relationships Acts 22: 1 Brothers and esteemed fathers, listen to me as I offer my defense. Acts 22:2 When they heard him speaking in their own language Aramaic, the silence was even greater. Acts 22:3 Then Paul said, I am a Jew, born in Tarsus a city in Cillicia, and I was brought up and educated here in Jerusalem under Gamalioel. As his student, I was carefully trained in our Jewish laws and customs. I became very zealous to honor God in everything I did, just like all of you today. When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them. Genesis 6:1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them. Genesis 6:1
WHAT STUFF IS PRESENT
- Are you guilty of stuffing?
- Don’t be held hostage by old thought patterns
2 Corinthians 10:5
- I have a choice to have destructive thoughts or constructive thoughts right now!
- God help me see good even when I don’t feel good!
- I can face things that are out of my control and not act out of control! I have to believe it!
- When I can’t immediately see the good, loosening my grip becomes a matter of trust. God is there and that He is out to do me good, I can stop freaking out trying to fix everything on my own. God is in control which means I can face things that are out of my control and not act out of control.
Paul was Gods workmanship. We are gods workmanship! God is chiseling us, making us new, releasing us from our hard places those places that make us feel so stink-in defeated so we can do good works, works God has prepared for us which means he knows best how to prepare in us the character we need to fulfill our calling. Oh that we might hear the purposeful clink of master’s chisel and call it Grace. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast. We are Gods workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:8-10